Hi Again.
I suppose that it is time that I add to my blog. So what I have decided to do is to explain my title.
People that know me will probably laugh at my title, since I have neglected the body for the sake of the mind. (most certainly not the Greek ideal, I know...) However, I did not choose the title as a reflection of my existence as a spiritual and a physical being. I choose that as a title as it reflects (in a dualistic sense) a holistic approach to life. While I may not be as in tune with the physical as I probably ought to be, I try to lead a holistic life in other respects.
Mind and Body for me is a fusion of the spiritual and the physical, the Ideal world (so to speak) and the Real world. Making the two work together and compliment each other is a task I am very interested in.
As a philosophy student (or a philosopher, although I probably don't fit well into that category...I'm not published...) I am interested in two main questions: "Who am I?" and "What am I doing here?" As a Christian philosopher, I am interested in answering those two questions from a specific context, or in a specific way. Namely, "Who am I in relation to God?" and "What is it that God wants me to be doing here?"
Thus, the holism that I am getting at in the title is the fusion of the spiritual realm: Who is God, and what does that mean for me? and the physical realm: What is the world and what does that mean for me?
I consider myself quite blessed, not to be asking these questions, but to be able to have a place to stand, intellectually, as I begin to answer them.
Thank God for Faith, or we'd all be lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment