Friday, April 08, 2005

Spring Cleaning, Techno-Geek Style!!

Well, the weather is warm, the snow is disappearing (much to the delight of my wife), the sun is moving closer to the earth (don't be alarmed, it's supposed to do this), and so I decided to update my blog's look.

I was staring at the Google search page while my modem acted up again, and thought, "hey, Stoogle would be a good blog name", so here I am. Ripping off Google. At least I gave credit where credit was due. When, you ask? Right now. Right now? No, just then. Just then? Yup, you just missed it. (I figured, why not rip off Space Balls, as well as Google...)

What do you think of the new look? Now I just have to figure out how to make the letters of the title all different colours.

I hope to blog something a little more substantial soon. As soon as I am done my Belgic Confession paper. Either that will get blogged, or something else that catches my fancy in the meantime.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing it. I hope your year at Mac went well. What year are you in now?

Anonymous said...

Nice and bright for spring, I guess! How did your chapel address go? I think Jeff is seriously considering the college, he is taking a language course in the fall. He has asked to be released from consistory, as he will be too busy and is in danger of losing his scholarship. Also, they just had another baby.

Unknown said...

Stu, you need some astronomy lessons. The sun isn't moving any closer to the earth. Our end of the earth is just tilting more towards the sun so its rays are more direct. This results in greater heating of the earth's surface. End result - spring.

Anonymous said...

yeah, but my explanation has more drama in it...

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,

My chapel went well. I spoke a little too fast, though, like usual. But other students said I did better than previously.

the college is a lot of work. It would be hard on a person with a family. But if he can and really wants to do it, I think it would be great. We can always use ministers that have an education other than the college or preparation for the college.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stu, I just figured I'd pop by and say hi! It was good seeing you at classis a couple months back. Stoogle - I like it - although is it a coincidence that it bears a passing resemblance to a prominent noun in the Three Stooges? :) And did you notice that the new look seems to have deleted all previous comments? Wishing you God's blessings in your work, and please give my regards to your good wife Sherri as well! Do you have any tips on helping keep that London sister of yours in line? Or is it her hubby that I need to watch closely? (just kidding! - they both have a good sense of humor!)

Anonymous said...

So what topic have you picked for your Belgic Confession paper Stu?

Anonymous said...

I am working on Article 27, the last couple of sentences, focussing on the unity of the church.

I have 7 pages so far, and I am jsut discussing the different editions of the Belgic Confession, the strucutre of the Confession and of Article 27.

But now I hope to get into the Catholic doctrine of unity from the 16th century, and then from there into Reformed doctrine. It looks to be fun.

Sherri says 'hi'. And I have no tips for keeping Lisa in line, she's never listened to me. And Art, well we've just given up on him. We tend to focus on their kids, at leat we have a future with them.

Bun said...

I don't trust these crazy, new-fangled notions that the earth moves... Sounds like witch craft to me. Aaaaanyway, looking good, Stu. See you on the farm!

Anonymous said...

Listen here, little brother....who was it that never listened to whom? Not sure of my grammar there, but you get the idea. Look what happens when I don't check your blog for a few days, my sterling reputation goes to POT!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your minister may have something to say about your pun there, Lisa. Your grammar may be good, but I think your reputation is beyond anything I can do to it...

And thanks Bun, although I'll be at the farm two weeks later than usual. It's just not right.

Anonymous said...

Lisa and hubby, I hereby invite you over on Sunday evening to discuss this important matter. Please bring both your grammar, and your sterling reputation, so my wife & I can examine and admire them. If you can't find them, how about we just play some games together instead? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Stu, as far as the coloured letters are concerned, check out: http://www.stoogle.net. Looks like someone beat ya to it! :)

Anonymous said...

There's no hope for me then....
I guess we'll just have to play games! :-)

Anonymous said...

There's no hope for me then....
I guess we'll just have to play games! :-)

Anonymous said...

Lisa
When you begin playing games with your minister, you "sterling reputation" certainly will become somewhat tarnished.Be carefull!!
The road of life can be difficult enough without you creating more POT holes!
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Well, Rev. Pot, it is unfortunate that someone beat me to it. But they don't seem to have done anything with it, so I think that the patent ought to have expired by now.

Did Lisa and Art end up visiting you guys?

Oh, and nice pun, Dad, that's one that even I haven't thought of...

Anonymous said...

I don't know what time zone you are in there, little brother, but here in London it is only Wednesday. Therefore, no, we have not yet gone to POT!!! (hee hee). I will let you know on Monday what transpired!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I just want to make sure you guys behave yourselves. And since I am in school, winding down toward exams, my sense of time is a little skewed.

Anonymous said...

Well, OK then!