Monday, January 22, 2007

A Slight Delay.

I was going to post the chapel that I delivered last Friday about the Emerging Church movement, but I am not terribly pleased with the results. My portrayal of the Emerging Church needs some work--it is too focused on McLaren and Burke, who do not seem to be indicative of the emerging movement.

However, thanks to my brother, I now have a book that I was planning on purchasing eventually, which will give, I hope, a more accurate and wider picture of what the emerging church is all about. The book is The Church in Emerging Culture, and presents the views of 5 emerging church writers/thinkers, including McLaren.

I started reading the Introduction yesterday, and it will be a bit before I can get the whole book done, and then comment on it intelligently. But after reading this, I hope to have more of a handle on what the movement is about.

Other than that, I am busy with school (always busy with school) so although I hope to post something in the meantime, I might not have anything useful to post.

No comments: