Wednesday, April 11, 2007

On Another Note:

I know I said I would post on Calvin's view on Prayer from his Institutes, and I still hope to do this. But now I am a little too busy with schoolwork to write something up. Hopefully when school is over (in 5 weeks) I may have more time.

For now, I am reading Groen van Prinsterer's Unbelief and Revolution for Church History. I don't know enough about history to critique Groen's views on exactly what happened before, during, and after the French Revolution, but since his lectures were written to show the effects of Revolutionary principles and ideology, my philosophy and theology background certainly helps read him as a thinker.

I should have read these lectures years ago, before I even started university, but then I wouldn't have appreciated it near as much, I think. These lectures are Reformed intellectual gold. When my Church History paper is done, I think I will post it as well, or perhaps a summary. May I will post it in installments, to keep everyone interested. We'll see.

Since there are only 6 more weeks until Sherri and I head out west for two months, I will have to do some of that posting from B.C., I think. Oh well, no biggie.

No comments: