Sherri and I have noticed the weather out here is almost unpredictable. We've had days which start out cold and rainy, then cool and sunny, then warm and cloudy, then warm and sunny, then cool and rainy again. And all that just in the morning. Okay, so I might be exaggerating a little, but there is truth behind this. On Sunday, for example, when we got up and when we went to church, it was pouring rain. When church was done, it was drizzling...hardly anything. When we got home, the clouds were breaking up. The afternoon it was cloudy when we went to church, and when we left, it was sunny and warm. When we got home again (a little later than usual, as we were in Langley for the afternoon service, and had tea at Francine's student house afterwards)it got cloudy and cool, and as I was making supper, it got dark and started to pour rain and hail. After about ten minutes it was all over, and it stopped raining.
Makes for an interesting day.
Yesterday I spent all day working on background for the book of Haggai, and translating the passage I will be preaching on this coming Sunday. I am beginning a short series on Haggai (3 sermons), and am looking forward to it. This is my first series, so I am not sure exactly how it all works out. I am going on the principle that each sermon should be able to stand on its own, but taken all together, the three sermons should aid someone in coming to grips with the whole book. I will try to refer as little as possible to earlier sermons in the series in the later ones, but I think that this will be unavoidable to an extent, because of the background information. This afternoon I will see what Rev. Van Vliet thinks of it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment