Yesterday, I preached my last sermon in Maranatha and Willoughby Heights. While on the one hand it will be nice to be home, and I'm looking forward to it, on the other hand I enjoyed my time out here, and writing sermons and delivering them, going on visits, learning more about the ministry in a very hands-on, practical way was an excellent experience, and I wouldn't mind doing some more. But it is high time we go home, since there are only just over 3 weeks left until Sherri's estimated due date.
I can't believe how much I learned out here, and how much I grew, especially my sermons. Many people that talked to me throughout this experience (especially the last few weeks) have told me that they have noticed a lot of improvement over my weeks here. The members of both congregations have been very encouraging, and our stay as members of Willoughby Heights was very comfortable, the people are very friendly.
Now all that is left to do is to write up something about my experience and hand it in to Dr. de Visser and send a copy to Rev. Van Vliet. And get ready to have a new baby in the house.
This will probably be my last post from B.C. I love it out here, especially the mountains, but I miss Ontario. I miss the farmland in Ontario, and if we were here in the autumn, I would miss the colours of the leaves...apparently they don't have that kind of thing out here.
Well, two more sleeps, and we will be home!!
No comments:
Post a Comment