since I still have a couple months of school left, I am working on my Old Testament Exegesis paper. For this paper, for which the other fourth years and myself have been assigned the topic "the genre of Genesis 1," I am trying to come to terms with Hebrew poetry. It is an interesting topic, and the research is fun, but I have to get this paper (is Genesis 1 poetry or not) done by next Thursday, which is not so fun.
When I am done, perhaps I will post the section on Hebrew Poetry. It is interesting, and helps when reading the Psalms and other poetic passages.
Until then, I won't post much as I am busy with school and family. But I will say this: I have been reading, in the evenings, Planet Narnia, and am thoroughly enjoying it. I find Michael Ward's arguments convincing, he writes really well (it is based on his PhD dissertation, but reads really well, so either he writes in a non-academic fashion always, or he did a lot of work on this before it was published), and it is getting me interested in C. S. Lewis all over again, which I find to be a pretty good way of judging whether or not the author does his task well when writing about someone else. When I am done it, I will post a short review.
For now, however, back to the structure of Hebrew poetry.
No comments:
Post a Comment