Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Quick Update:

Hi all,

I have not forgotten about my blog, I've just been pretty busy lately. A busy of my own making. I am working on a sermon which is taking longer than I would like to complete (which is why I am working on them now, and not discovering this in my first few weeks of being a real minister!), and working on a little side project for someone else.

In the evenings I have been reading, playing Wii, or watching movies with Sherri. It's nice not to have homework to do in the evenings anymore.

Hopefully soon I will have a couple of book reviews to post. I have recently finished Finding the Will of God by Bruce Waltke and The Discipline of Spiritual Discernment by Tim Challies. Both good books, and I hope to write a short review for both of them. But that will have to wait until this sermon is done.

That's pretty much it for now. Hopefully next week's sermon will go better. I can't remember exactly which text is up for next week, but I hope it is easier than what I am working on now: Mark 2:1-12.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark 2:1-12 is a beautiful text to preach -- in fact, I'll be preaching on that same passage this coming Sunday morning in Willoughby Heights.

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful text, and I hope to write a sermon that does it justice...it's just taking me longer than I wanted. I spent yesterday working on an outline, but at the end I found it wasn't working. So I rethought some things, and hopefully today I can get somewhere good.

This one won't be preached until next Sunday here in Glanbrook. My first preaching as a candidate is in my home congregation. Quite nice.