Okay, for the dozen or so of you that read this blog, I have a request to make. My sister has been asking about books for her son (age 11) to read. Like I was at his age, he is a voracious reader, reading above his age-level. I too am interested in what good books there are for kids out there. I don't have much experience with this anymore.
So, could you recommend some authors or series or books to me and my sister and anyone else who is interested?
Perhaps I should also talk to the library people at the elementary schools, but that would take some time...
Thanks.
2 comments:
Thanks Stu. Tim is 12, by the way. Funny how they keep growing up like that....
aka cownsup (that was a good one!)
My recommendation:
Check out any G.A. Henty or R.M Ballantyne books for that age. Real stories with real, moral, courageous heroes.
By Pike and by Dyke, by Henty is said to be the best historical fiction written about the Reformation in Holland around 1579. We don't have a copy yet. So, if anyone finds one I would be interested in taking it off your hands. (With 5 boys I could probably use a few copies...)
Trailblazers are also good but way below his reading level.
Lisa, I will bring you a catalogue and you can check them out yourself. You can find them at www.visionforum.com but they are very expensive.
Barbara (Cownsup... HA HA!!)
Post a Comment