Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Blogging Holiday.

Okay, it's not much of a holiday if I have blogged sporadically the last little while. Last week and the week before I was rushing to get my sermons for this week done (which I did except for a New Year's Eve sermon), and now Sherri and I (with Callum, of course) are house-sitting for the Kampens as they are out West.

I had hoped to do a bit of blogging, and I did yesterday, using Rev. Kampen's copy of the Institutes, but with everything else going on, I'd just rather not spend time on it these days. Especially because both Sherri and Callum have ended up sick, and there's other stuff to do.

So don't expect anything new until the new year.

I will leave with this link to the BBC online news. Apparently, the Pope is not allowed to speak the truth, because it offends some people. He was caught saying that saving people from themselves (in terms of gender confusion and homosexuality) is at least as important as our environmental concerns. Of course, homosexual lobby groups took offence.

The response of the homosexual lobby is simply stunning. Some say that the Pope's remarks 'justify gay-bashing,' while another says that it 'betrays a lack of openness of the complexity of creation.'

Here's the link: Gay groups angry at Pope remarks

No comments: