This is what the Lord says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls." (Jeremiah 6:16)
Monday, December 01, 2008
We Will be Right Back...
My reading through the Institutes will continue as soon as we are done being sick around here. At least it held off (or the worst of it anyways) until I was done preaching yesterday morning! And I had the afternoon off....
I think it was the flu, or it was certainly flu-esque. I am almsot over it now, I think. Still a little queasiness. At least I could preach on Sunday morning...
Apparently Dr Vandam was also feeling under the weather as he was preaching in Burlington-Waterdown this past Sunday. As he ascended the pulpit he said: " I have developed a sore throatb this morning and I hope to make it through this service. I have one Fishermans Friend but I don't think it will be enough. Does anyone have some they could give me to help?" Apparently a number of people did and brought them up to help him through the service. Now thats service during the service! Herman (aka spoloque)
3 comments:
Oh no! Is it the flu? Feel better soon!
I think it was the flu, or it was certainly flu-esque. I am almsot over it now, I think. Still a little queasiness. At least I could preach on Sunday morning...
Apparently Dr Vandam was also feeling under the weather as he was preaching in Burlington-Waterdown this past Sunday. As he ascended the pulpit he said: " I have developed a sore throatb this morning and I hope to make it through this service. I have one Fishermans Friend but I don't think it will be enough. Does anyone have some they could give me to help?" Apparently a number of people did and brought them up to help him through the service.
Now thats service during the service!
Herman (aka spoloque)
Post a Comment