In between reading Sidney Greidanus' Preaching Christ from the Old Testament, I have picked up issues of the journal Philosophia Christi, the journal of the Evangelical Philosophical Society to which I subscribe.
The article I am reading presently is about the new atheism (Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens and the like) and Old Testament ethics. The article is written by Paul Copan (www.paulcopan.com), and is so far an enjoyable read. I will write about it when I am done, which should be soon...I'm just too tired right now to finish it. I will say this though, he takes the new atheists to task for reading the Old Testament superficially and simplistically. And he builds a very good case for his point.
I will write more later, but if you want, you can read the whole article at the EPS website: Is Yahweh a Moral Monster?
No comments:
Post a Comment