Monday, November 09, 2009

Logos Reading Plan Function:

Thanks to the stupendous customer support at Logos, I now have the option to make reading plans out of any resource in my Logos library.

I have done some tests of it, and while it is quite a simple interface with not a lot of customization available, it is enough to get the job done. And it seems like it would be a good way of using some of the resources I have that don't show up in more specific biblical searches and studies. I can now create a reading plan for something like Kuyper's Lectures on Calvinism or his Work of the Holy Spirit, then set a time-frame (read it in a year, or some other period), and on which days of the week I will read it.

With some more customization of the interface I could have also set up a reading plan to keep up with Hebrew and Greek now that I don't translate them for school or work. I had hoped to set up a plan, stipulating that I translate 3 verses of each every day (or alternating days at first to get into practice again), but I do not seem to be able to be that specific. I could, however, simply tell it to organize 1 Samuel into a reading plan, and work on it that way.

Or I could just suck it up and motivate myself for it. We'll see what I can do in Logos 4 first!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend would you know of a software program or some kind of analog way of doing this? if you do would you be kind enough to email me?
gabrielrodriguez81(a)gmail.com

Thank you.