Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Long Overdue Post

I know it's been awhile, but I've been busy. Getting married, travelling a wee bit of Britain, and getting used to work and the Canadian Timezone in which I live.

But enough of that.

Our (mine an Sherri's) honeymoon in Britain was a lot of fun. the flights were bad (no leg room and bad food), but at least that was the smallest part of our trip. We fell in love with the first place we stayed, the city of Lincoln. It is an old city with a castle and cathedral on top of a long, steep hill, and some streets that are almost too narrow for vehicle traffic. While there, I delivered a paper at a conference on Children's Spirituality, which is why we chose England as our honeymoon destination. The paper is very long, so I won't post it on my blog (although I might, if it's worth my while)

After Lincoln, we did the Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge, Old Sarum fort (castle and cathedral ruins), Chichester Cathedral, Arundel Castle and Cathedral, and then spent the remaining three days of our trip in London, which is big, smelly, city-ish, and probably the least favourite part of our trip. While in London, though, we did the Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Cathedral, saw Parliament and the clock tower that houses Big Ben, Tower Bridge, the London replica of Shakespeare's Globe theatre (which we did not tour... too expensive), saw the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, the changing of the guard, and walked Piccadilly Street.

Some day I hope to publish a web page with our trip pictures on them. When I do that, I will link to it from here.

Well, that is all for now. Sorry I didn't go into more detail, but that would take too much typing, and I am rather hungry right now.

I will blog again soon, and hopefully work out a short summary of my Spirituality paper to publish here.

Cheerio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,
I was just passing looking for Christian links on the blogger site and found your this post blog. Your blog was not quite what I was looking for, but I enjoyed my visit all the same.