Well, today is my last day as a bachelor.
Everyone keeps asking me if I am nervous, and then don't believe me when I say 'no'. I don't get nervous until the day of whatever is it that I have to do, and even then, it's usually in the last few minutes when I'm waiting for it to begin.
I think that it's the waiting that does it for me. I am fine when I have other things to do to keep myself occupied, but once there is nothing else to do but wait for it to begin, then I have too much time to think about it.
However, nervous or not, I am very much looking forward to being married. Once the wedding itself and the honeymoon are over and things start settling into their routine, I think it will be a very interesting and rewarding lifestyle. It means a completely new experience for Sherri and I, one in which we will get to know each other much better, since we will be living with each other, not just seeing each other on weekends.
We will have a lot more time for each other, but at the same time will need to be able to give each other the space that we will need. especially for me, while I am studying, I will have times where I need more space, more quiet to get things done, and it will also mean times when I am distracted and a little grumpy (all students know this time.... exams, papers, deadline crunch....)
If we go into this stage of life knowing all of these things, and being open to other things that come up unexpectedly, I think we'll be alright. Of all the marriages that I have experienced, very few of them have turned out sourly, and all of my siblings, cousins, and friends that are married have nothing but good to say about it. That's not to say that nothing bad or negative ever happens, but if people are willing to work through the rough times for the sake of the good times, things will usually turn out for the better.
Now I think I'm just babbling, so I will end this for now, and go finish all of the things I still have to do.
So, in about 26 1/2 hours from now, I will be sitting in church, waiting to say "I do", and begin a whole new and exciting chapter in my life. And, the Lord willing, it will all work out just fine.
So, I will try to post again when we get back from our honeymoon in Britain.
Have a good couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment