Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Blog Name Change

Hi Everyone (or just my family.... whoever reads this)

I have decided to change the name of my blog. As I was not happy with the original name anyways, this new development is a welcome one for myself. The old name was not what I had orginally intended, but my first and favourite intention was promptly forgotten, as I was sitting on my tractor working when I decided to undertake this interesting endeavour.

Anyways, this new name may need a little explanation, except to my cousin Joel, who will understand exactly what I am talking about.

At Joel's houe one summer, a few years ago (probably 10 or 12) my Aunt decided that I needed to create a country, since this might be the only way to find a place where I could fit in, with my eccentric habits, ideas, and interests. She came up with the name 'Stuarthia', which I think works quite well.

The sub-title to this blog is influenced by the habit that some 19th Century authors had of titling chapters to their books with a fairly long description of exactly what happens in the book. Things like "Chapter 2: In which our hero decides to go into the woods, gets into a fight with a bear, kills it, and heads back home" were quite common place, except in a little more archaic language. I still enjoy that practice. It gives a good summary of what the author thinks are the important elements of the chapter, and what is incidental. It's a practice which, if done well, adds a new experience to the reading of the book.

However, as this is not helping me get my Hebrew homework completed, I will leave it at that, and post something a little more interesting (hopefully) later on.

No comments: