Thursday, November 11, 2004

Anyone for Religious Chant?

On the recommendation of a professor, I checked out a website called Liturgica.com, and was very very impressed. I will still open the opening page, just to hear the music that comes with it.

This is opening a whole new avenue of religious music for me, all types of chant that I would not have had the opportunity to listen to otherwise, I think. I am aware of, and enjoy listening to, Gregorian chant. But this website goes beyond that. It includes Byzantine chant, even Jewish chant, and a whole host of others.

If I had lots of money, or if I knew people that had to buy me Sinter Klaas presents, I think I would suggest this site. And suggest that they look under the Byzantine chant. I already have examples of Gregorian...

Well, that is all for now. I just wanted to share my excitement at this website.

Oh, and if you want good Eastern Orthodox books, check out Light and Life Publishing.

No comments: