Friday, November 26, 2004

My Next Post.

I have, over the past semester, talked a bit about Wolterstorff with my fellow students at the College. I guess I kind of consider myself a Wolterstorffian thinker. I haven't run across any Christian philosopher with whom I have found the mature, well-thought ideas which in my own thinking had just begun as little seeds.

When I began discussing writing my M.A. thesis, I told my supervising professor what I wanted to do. I wanted to look into a philosophical system which began with belief, and put God at the beginning, rather than somewhere near the end, when something is needed to explain something that is beyond the philosopher. I wanted to study faith-based, explicitly faith-based, but also scholarly, critical philosophical systems.

My professor suggested that I look into Reformed Epistemology, and more specifically, study Nichols Wolterstorff. I did, and I have never regretted it. In fact, I am still working on Wolterstorff. I have begun to look into his educational philosophy, and still plan on writing something about his thoughts on liturgy as well (I have a few articles and essays he has written on the subject, I just haven't had time yet to go through them...)

Anyways, this post is merely an introduction to my next post. One of my colleagues suggested that I put an article that I had written, but had never been published, on my blog. The article is an introduction to Wolterstorff, and Reformed Epistemology in general.

It's not as long as my spirituality paper (about 1/3), so don't worry, it won't take too long to read for those with the inclination to do so.

No comments: