Exams are half over, and I seem to be doing all right. But that leaves me with little time for much else. Well, by next Friday I'll be done, and the week after that I'll be working on the sod farm again, and finally I can do the reading I've wanted to do all year.
Here's a few of the books I want to try to read this summer:
Divine Discourse, by Nicholas Wolterstorff.
I wrote a paper on this book in the first year of my masters, and now I want to read it again, to refresh my memory, and to get more from it. I've heard that there are some problems with his account of things, and I would like to try to find them. Someday I also hope to read his Art in Action and Until Justice and Peace Embrace.
The Science of God, by Alister McGrath.
I was introduced to the 2nd Volume of his 3 Volume "Natural Theology", in which he argues that theology is a science in its own right. The 2nd Volume is called 'Reality', and he discusses critical realism as a method of obtaining knowledge.
This work is a summary of the 3 Volume opus. All the important stuff, less than 1/3 of the words and headaches...
The Drama of Scripture, by Craig Bartholomew and Mike Goheen.
I have been reading this book on and off since December, but can't seem to finish it, since school keeps getting in the way. As soon as exams are over, I think I will get around to finishing this book, and hopefully, someday, read it uninterruptedly.
I also have some light reading, but I can't quite remember what that book is called. Sherri bought it during the Boxing Week sale at Chapters, and it looks interesting. So I've had to force myself not to read it, since I wouldn't get any other work done...
And the newest Harry Potter as soon as it comes out.
Oh, and all of this on top of memorizing the Heidelberg Catechism for Dr. Gootjes, and reviewing my Hebrew and Greek.
What fun, what fun. Hopefully it will be a fun and stimulating summer.
3 comments:
Memorizing the catechism? Are they still making guys do that?
Sure are. As well as the contents of the articles of the Belgic Confession and the Canons of Dort.
Thanks Jim... I was trying to forget about that for a little while at least!!
Post a Comment