Now that Exams are over, I have a little more time to do a wee bit of my own reading. Over the last 4 weeks, I have done little else except prepare for my Old Testament Canonics exam, which involved 60 pages of class notes, 350 pages of textbook readings, and memorizing summaries of 34 OT books: Joshua to Malachi. Once this exam was over, the other 3 didn't seem so bad.
Now I can do some research for my own enjoyment. I have been doing some thinking about Christianity and Culture, and have wanted to look into Calvin's views, and Calvinists' views after Calvin. At least now I can do some preliminary reading (thanks to some hints from Prof. Strauss of Redeemer). The subject itself is too big to do in what little time I have anyways.
I do have some homework to do next week. I have to write an exegesis paper on Romans 5:12-21. It is an interesting passage, and is looking to be a big paper. This passage deals with original sin, and is a hotly debated passage. Once I am done, I will summarize my results and post them.
After that paper, I have to do the same for Old Tesament, on Zechariah 14:12-15. It is a gruesome passage, describing a plague that the Lord will placeon the enemies of Jerusalem. It is reminiscent of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, when the German villain drinks from the wrong grail, and his skin all melts off.
Anyways, today I am going to spend some time cataloguing more of my books. And spend some long overdue and much needed quality time with my wife.
Now I can do some research for my own enjoyment. I have been doing some thinking about Christianity and Culture, and have wanted to look into Calvin's views, and Calvinists' views after Calvin. At least now I can do some preliminary reading (thanks to some hints from Prof. Strauss of Redeemer). The subject itself is too big to do in what little time I have anyways.
I do have some homework to do next week. I have to write an exegesis paper on Romans 5:12-21. It is an interesting passage, and is looking to be a big paper. This passage deals with original sin, and is a hotly debated passage. Once I am done, I will summarize my results and post them.
After that paper, I have to do the same for Old Tesament, on Zechariah 14:12-15. It is a gruesome passage, describing a plague that the Lord will placeon the enemies of Jerusalem. It is reminiscent of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, when the German villain drinks from the wrong grail, and his skin all melts off.
Anyways, today I am going to spend some time cataloguing more of my books. And spend some long overdue and much needed quality time with my wife.
No comments:
Post a Comment