Who says money doesn't go very far these days? Here is what I picked up for $7.00 this morning, which was a good start to the week:
a pamphlet (a freebie, thanks to Margaret): "Ideas Have Legs" by Albert M. Wolters, in his ICS days.
Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis (of which I only had a Dutch version (and I don't read Dutch) which was printed in the 1890s).
Life is Religion: Essays in Honor of H. Evan Runner. A series of scholarly essays on different topics, for the late H. Evan Runner (who was not late at the time of the publication of this book).
Hearing and Doing: Philosophical Essays Dedicated to H. Evan Runner. Similar to above.
H. Evan Runner, I should add, was the philosophy professor at Calvin, and had as students Alvin Plantinga and Nicholas Wolterstorff, to name just two. He was very influential.
And, lastly, An Introduction to Christian Philosophy by J. M. Spier. A book on Dooyeweerd, because, according to the Dutch, all Christian philosophy is Dooyeweerd. (to be fair, when the book was first published in 1938, it was). This is a 1954 translation of the 1953 Dutch 4th version.
And that, my dear readers, is what $7.00 can get you, if you know where to look (or just are so fortunate to be in the upper-level classroom when Catherine comes downstairs to tell you that there is a book sale in the library).
Hopefully I can work through these books over the summer, along with everything else I have and want to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment