Yes, exams are done, so I have some free mental energy.
I am now in the midst of a one week 'internship' with Rev. van Popta, who is showing me the ropes, and giving me a taste of what it is that ministers do. Apparently, they work more than one day a week, which kind of ruins my whole reason for going into the ministry.....
It has been fun so far. I have attended my first council and consistory meetings, and am preparing a sermon outline on Lord's Day 26, which is also Rev. van Popta's text for Sunday afternoon.
I also have to go on a few visits with him, which I am looking forward to. Never having done pastoral visits, this will hopefully give me an idea of what they are like, and what I can expect.
I am glad for the opportunity, and hope that this will give me a better idea of what the ministry is like, since I have no real experience of it except seeing ministers on the pulpit on Sundays.
Anyways, I am going to work on my LD 26 outline, and will blog some of the things that I have been thinking of lately at a later date (hopefully Friday).
And when I start working next week, I hope to have more time to post as well... ideally.
No comments:
Post a Comment