Friday, October 13, 2006

The Season's First Snow

Yesterday afternoon, after coming home from school, I saw the season's first snowfall (at least in our area). I even have pictures to prove it, although they are on the other computer. I got all excited. Sherri didn't.

I don't know exactly why I love snow so much (although I will admit that it gets tiresome after awhile, sometime around March). Maybe it's not snow that I like so much, maybe it's the changing of the seasons. I love each season, or elements of each season, and so when it comes to the end of one, and the beginning of another, I get excited, because all the things that I love from the next season are going to start.

But there is something to be said about snow. I love the way it looks on a cold winter's day when there has been a snowfall, and the ground and tree branches are covered in snow or ice, and how everything has a hushed sound to it. Sherri thinks it looks bleak, but I don't know. There's something to be said about snow.

Maybe I'll remember to put the pictures on this computer and post them next week...

No comments: