Saturday, May 12, 2007

Exams are Over!!

And they were not as demanding as I expected them to be. Well, some of them were. But either I'm getting better with the Hebrew and Greek, or Professors Van Dam and Visscher are getting easier in their old age. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle, but the language exams were not as nerve-wracking this year as they have been in the past...goes to show what 3 years of sustained language study can do for a person.

Now I have some free time (except for preparing for my last proof-text test, which I will do on Wednesday...), so I hope to play around with the new software, Logos Bible Software, which I talked about a few posts ago. Try to learn how to use it to its full potential (which will probably take a long time, and change every time I add a new resource to it...)

Also, Sherri has been done work for a week now, and we're both loving the new situation. We no longer have to get up at 5:30, which means I am no longer at the College at 6:40 in the morning (now I am going to have to reschedule my time so that I can fit my translation work in my day somehow...it was always convenient to do it before classes in the morning). Sherri is a lot less tired and sore, and able to rest as a pregnant woman should. All-in-all, this is better. Although my body still has to get used to this new situation... for the first few days, everything was later, because my internal time was in a different time zone than what we are living in...everything felt 2 1/2 hours earlier than it actually was. Maybe this is preparation for going out West!!

Anyways, that is what is going on now. I hope to post something a little more intellectual soon, but for now, I am going to be on a mental break.

No comments: