Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Today's the Day...

This afternoon, Sherri and I leave for B.C. In just under 8 hours, actually, are plane will be taking off. We packed yesterday, and I finally started getting a little nervous. Packing makes it seem more real. And how do you pack for a 2-month trip? Our bags are pretty heavy (especially because I have to bring some suits along for preaching...don't want to wear the same one all the time!)

I will most definitely try to keep this blog up to date. I should set a side some time each week in which to update, that way I will do it with more regularity. And Rev. Van Vliet has already given me a schedule of what my weeks will look like, so I will, hopefully, learn how to be organized this summer. That is a skill which I think I sorely need.

Well, my next post will be from the West coast (or as close to it as we are living, at any rate). Neither Sherri or I have ever been, so we're pretty excited about this experience. Sherri is bringing her camera, so we'll have plenty of pictures to show when we come back (and hopefully put up online as well, throughout the summer).

In terms of reading that's not for sermon preparation, I am only bringing one book along this summer, an ethics book: The Moral Vision of the New Testament, written by R.B. Hays. We had discussed it in Ethics class this past semester with Dr. Gootjes, and I miss doing my philosophy readings, so this is my chance to get back into it a little. I will try to give some posts on that subject.

Anyways, I should have some breakfast, and try to think if we forgot anything...

Update: Well, apparently we aren't leaving as soon as we thought. Our flight was delayed by 2 1/2 hours. Which means that we will arrive in BC 3 hours later than planned. Oh well. At least we'll get there...

No comments: