Thursday, May 24, 2007

First Day in B.C.

We can't get over the fact that when we drive places, we can see great big gorgeous mountains on the horizon. I can never seriously call Hamilton Mountain a mountain again. And we haven't even been out to the mountains yet. Some day, over the course of the next couple of months, we will go.

Our flight yesterday was long and uneventful. Other than the fact that it was delayed by 2 1/2 hours, and so we arrived in Abbotsford at 10:30 instead of 7:30 like originally planned, everything went swimmingly. Oh, and I couldn't hear properly all last night after we landed, and finally today, at supper time at the Van Vliet's I could finally hear without it sounding muffled.

We are getting settled into our new digs. The set-up is very nice. Dad, you should see the pond and pump system that Mr. Dykstra has...I'll try to remember to take pictures of it to show you. We have a bedroom (obviously), washroom, kitchen and sitting area to ourselves, although the bedroom and washroom are slightly separated through a (semi-)common area. Lots of windows in the kitchen-sitting area, nice and bright.

We also spent the evening with Jason and Janet Van Vliet and their kids. Jason and I talked about sermons and things, but not too much shop-talk, since I haven't technically started yet. But I am going to begin preparing for my first sermon (to be preached on June 3rd) on 2 Peter. Jason showed me how he goes about it, and since I want to work on my exegesis, I am going to try his approach. Hopefully I can adopt and adapt it to my situation.

Anyways, we are tired now, and should go to bed soon... by my internal time, it's 1:00 a.m., although the crazy B.C.ers think that it's only 10:00 p.m. Oh well. Sherri and I will just have to adjust.

No comments: