But my study is now the baby's room (at least for changing and as a place to put all the baby's stuff), and my desk and books and stuff has been moved upstairs. I have about 40 more books to catalogue and then I am done the books that I now own (I am not cataloguing novels or such, or else it would take more than twice as long...I was a Comparative Literature student in my Undergrad as well as Philosophy...you get a lot of books that way).
Today is the estimated due date, according to our midwife, so hopefully the baby will grace us with his/her presence soon. Right now, at least, he's easy to keep track of and take care of.
I have also been looking into this whole babywearing thing. Rather than putting the baby down somewhere like in a swing, it seems to me that this way we can continue to hold the baby, and do our work. I was thinking of it especially for me, so that I can take care of the baby and let Sherri get some sleep, while I continue to do my homework, which requires two hands. And from all that I have read, it seems that the baby stays happier because she is right with you the whole time. But that could simply be the babywearing propaganda machine at work. But if you consider that many cultures in the world have done this for generations, there is probably something to it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see how it works out. It's something that I really want to try at least. Any advice, suggestions, etc.?
Other than waiting for the baby and finishing up my cataloguing, there is not much going on around here. I finished up my report on my Pastoral Training Program yesterday and sent it out to my Prof so that is done and out of the way. I guess I could start translating for Hebrew and Greek this coming year. Or just continue reading Bulfinch's Mythology. I am now on Book 2, which is the Age of Chivalry, and it goes, for a large part, through the Arthurian legends. I don't know too much about this, so it's a good read. The first book is the Age of Myth, and is about the Greek and Roman gods and legends, as well as some Egyptian, Norse, and Persian. But mostly Greek and Roman.
But now I have to get another sermon ready for Sunday--I'm preaching in my home congregation! At least they are already written, so I just have to read them over and make changes that I think are needed (nothing is ever done if you continue to read it over...that's why I don't like to reread my MA thesis, I notice all of the things I should have changed...)
Hopefully I will post again soon about the baby, but because we have dial-up, there might not be any pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment