This is the first time I have ever actually responded to a 'tag,' but just because I miss Jim of jimwitt.ca fame at the College, I will humour him. See what I do for you Jim?
Here's my assignment:
1. Pick up the book nearest you with at least 123 pages. (No cheating!)
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Count the first five sentences.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five other bloggers.
I will do all except number 5, because to me it smacks too much of chain letters and the like. But if you want to, you can feel free to tag yourself.
Here goes:
The book that is closest to me is The Defense of the Faith by Cornelius Van Til (Presbyterian and Reformed Publishing Company, 3rd edition, 1967), which must mean that the one I'm reading currently, Christian Apologetics (also by Van Til), is downstairs.
Here are the sixth through to (and including) the eighth sentence:
"And in order to discover the place allowed to authority by the natural man it is imperative to note what he means by authority. There are those, of course, who deny that they need any form of authority. They are the popular atheists and agnostics."
I am on an apologetics bent right now. We don't have an apologetics course at the College, and I have been interested in this subject for some time, so I decided to do my own reading (and have been generously aided in that endeavour through the recommendations by Rev. W. Bredenhof at Yinkahdinay).
Now I want to keep reading after those sentences to see what's going on. But I won't. Instead, I will be a good student and do my readings for class tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment