I must say that the Nintendo Wii is one of the (if not the) most innovative gaming consoles to come out. Having found and purchased one of these elusive contraptions, Sherri and I have had fun playing WiiSports and WiiPlay with the wireless controller. Playing golf like I'm actually golfing (not that I like golf that much), swinging the controller like a baseball bat, moving the controller and the attachment like I'm boxing--what fun--and you get to look like a total goof doing it too.
What adds to it is the fact that we can download some games from older consoles (right now I am in the midst of a game of The Legend of Zelda for NES). And the Miis that Sherri and I have created are great fun, and the ones which Lisa, Art, and the kids have made and sent to us. I think that I have always found Nintendo to be more 'fun' oriented than other consoles. They have more lighthearted games than consoles like the PlayStation or XBox. I'm not such a big fan of the violent 'shoot'em-up' type games, and Nintendo has more to offer in this regard. Too bad Ico isn't for Wii...oh well, perhaps I will find something to match it.
It is also too bad I don't have time to waste on it. I try to limit myself to weekends (except sending messages to Timothy's Wii in London...), so that I will actually get some work done.
No comments:
Post a Comment