Not only was last week the first week of exams here at the College, and also the week in which my Opoe passed away and was put to rest, it was also the week in which my brother Mike got married to Kathryn. It was a good wedding, the ceremony was enjoyable (good thing the address was nice and short, but what a good one it was!), and the reception was fun as well. Even though I was quite tired from a busy week, it was a good way to end it (both Sherri and Lisa have pictures).
This past Sunday, being Mother's Day, Sherri and I saw both our moms on Mother's Day for the first time ever! We usually have Lord's Supper on Mother's Day, but this year it was postponed until next week because of Profession of Faith, which was a good service as well. Sherri's mom had babysat Callum on Saturday and stayed overnight, so we got to see her Sunday morning, and in the evening we went to my parents' for dinner. While there, I learned why no one has ever heard the term 'Opoe' before--apparently it is a very regional dialect, almost limited to the town and surrounding area where my Opoe grew up, calling her grandmother 'Opoe.'
This week, I have only two more exams (I wrote Symbolics yesterday), and then my student career will be over, unless anything unexpected comes up in the future. But before that happens, I have to write Evangelistics and Dogmatics yet. So I will be studying until Friday, and then catching up on sleep and letting the stress drain away. Sherri's looking forward to me being done.
Oh, and Callum finally learned to crawl. You can see the video on Sherri's blog, it's the post just before the wedding post.
No comments:
Post a Comment