Wednesday, June 04, 2008

In Other News...

I have just sent out my sermon proposal for classis. I got the text (Mark 1:14-15) last week Wednesday from Rev. G. van Popta, and had a week to work on it before I had to submit the proposal to the delegates to classis from the churches. I'm a little (rather, a lot) stressed out right now. In one way it's good to have it out of my hands, otherwise I could keep working on it for weeks. In another way, though, I am a little nervous that I forgot something or that I didn't quite see something that I should have. And so much is riding on this classical examination for my future that I can't help but be nervous and stressed out about it.

Only two more weeks to go before my future is decided for me. Okay, that's melodramatic, but in a way that is what it feels like at this point.

Later today I will receive my OT and NT exegesis assignments, so at least I will have that to keep me occupied until the day arrives. And my doctrine assignment which I review every so often....

No comments: