Monday, June 09, 2008

New Blog Name

I have decided to change the name of my blog from "Stoogle" to "Standing at the Crossroads." I liked 'Stoogle,' and it served me well for a few years, but now I have decided that it is time for change.

Actually, I decided to do this shortly after a sermon a few months back, but never really got around to doing it until now, when I finally remembered (and had to look up the text again).

I thought that this text would be a good idea for my blog, as I am a Christian awaiting the culmination of the Kingdom of God. My life is in heaven, hidden with Christ (Col. 3), but I am also living here on earth, and so need to find the right way to do so knowing that this is not my whole life and that my treasure is not here. This 'two worlds' idea is captured, I thought, in the image of standing at a crossroads--which path will I take?

This text (Jeremiah 6:16) was brought to my attention in a sermon a while ago (I can't remember what it was on or even who preached it), and it really stuck with me.

I will write more about this later, when I have more time (next week, when classis is done, I should think!). For now, let me know what you think. And sorry if you have to change the links on your sidebars.

No comments: