Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An Explanation.

My blog has been silent for the last little while because I have been working on the Sod Farm while my cousins try to get some seed in. It has been a good summer for the farm, with plenty of rain. But a down side of all the rain is that it is hard to get the fields ready for seeding without having them rained on in the meantime. And with all the rain, the grass is growing well, so the mowers are always busy (of which I am included now), so there are no rock-pickers! At least I don't have to do that this year!

And this means, as well, that I have now made it to 10 years at John Vanderwoude Sod Farms (with one year off as Sherri and I were out West for my internship with Rev. Van Vliet).

It is nice to have a source of income, even if it is only for a brief period.

And now I have to try to find time to work on the address for the College evening/Graduation next Friday. It's only a short address, so it shouldn't be too hard to write. Finding the time when I am not so tired is the main issue. I've got to get used to this working-for-a-living thing again!

This also means that I haven't been working on any new sermons. My series on Joseph will have to wait a little while. But I have begun to reread (after probably 10 or so years) Peace Shall Destroy Many by Rudy Wiebe. I read it in an English class in high school, and wanted to read it again, so I found a used copy for cheap on abebooks.com. It's different than the comic books I have been reading recently, requiring more concentration and focus. But I have forgotten much of it, so it is nice to rediscover it once again.

That's all for now...except for that in just over 1 day, Callum will be one year old! Sherri will post pictures, I am sure.

No comments: