Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What Kind of Life I Lead:

For my birthday, from my lovely wife, I received two things. These two things show, I suppose, what I consider to be the good things in life.

First, on my actual birthday, I received a comic book: Asterix in Belgium. This brings me even closer to having the complete series. That will be a good day...

Next, yesterday evening, when we went to Burlington to pick up a friend's car, we stopped at Ikea, and bought one of those Poang chairs. I have always wanted one of them. They are quite comfy, and now they are reduced in price. I have this combination: Birch with Natural cushion.

(If anyone hasn't yet bought me a present, you can get the matching footrest...)

Comic books and comfortable chairs. Does life get any better?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly, Stu - nothing better (almost) than a good piece of sequential art (as the connoisseurs say) and a comfy chair!

Happy Birthday, and may God be with you in the year ahead!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you received great gifts!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jim and Rose.

It was a good day. And now I have some more reading material and a comfy chair.

Now I just have to resist temptation so I can actually get some work done!