So, I've made the switch from using the Opera browser to using Firefox now that 3.5 has come out. I really liked Opera. What I really like about Opera is that it has a built in mail program. Everything is in one program, so only one program is open when I need mail and the internet. The only problem is that Opera is not a widely supported browser, since it garners a very small percentage of the internet using public.
Firefox, however, is much more widely used, and so much more widely supported. And I can do all the stuff I did with Opera in Firefox. There is a built-in mail extension (Simple Mail), and even a Speed Dial extension (which I also liked in Opera).
We'll see how long this lasts. There is a bit of a learning curve (as with changing any software), but we'll see what happens when I get the hang of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment