Okay, so while I was at school today, I decided to have my computer download what I needed for Logos. I started at about 11:15, and by the time my classes were over at 1:45, it was done downloading.
Now it is indexing, and will be for the next 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Maybe more. Okay, it looks like more. Much more.
The purpose of this indexing is described in this post on the Logos blog: The Power of Indexing, Explained.
What it says, in brief, is that the engine indexes all of the books I have in my Logos library, even going so far as to index synonyms (which boggles my mind, to be honest), so that the searches I make will be much quicker.
Once the process is done, I will put it to the test and let you know how it does. I expect that searches will be done in a fraction of the time. I think I read on a review somewhere that searches that took 3 minutes in Logos 3 took a few seconds in Logos 4.
We'll see what I can run it through soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment