Okay, so you'd think that not being in school right now I would have more time to post. And you would probably be right. Except that I have other stuff on the go right now. Like lots of family functions. And working at my parents' new house tearing stuff apart so renovations can get done. And more family stuff. Especially doing things with Sherri and Callum. Valuable quality time before school starts again.
I have a few books I've read and want to talk about, so I will think about those for some posts in the near future. The books are:
That is all.
Hope you all (my few readers) have a good New Year celebration.
I have a few books I've read and want to talk about, so I will think about those for some posts in the near future. The books are:
- Amusing Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman (one of my profs gave me a few other titles of his to read, so I will have some more reading to do soon!)
- When Athens Met Jerusalem by John Mark Reynolds, philosophy professor at Biola. This book explains the background of Paul's statement in Acts 17 "Men of Athens, I see that you are very religious," and how this marked the end of Greek philosophy. A very good read, especially in conjunction with Plato's dialogues so that the material is good and fresh.
- I am currently reading Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places by Eugene Peterson, a book on spirituality from a solid biblical foundation. I am so far enjoying it.
- I received in the mail recently the DVD of the debates between Douglas Wilson and Christopher Hitchens--I am looking forward to watching it.
- And I received Big Truths for Young Hearts by Bruce Ware, a theology course for young children. This will be a good read too. The chapters are short (kid-sized) with two questions for discussion at the end and a Bible verse for memorizing.
That is all.
Hope you all (my few readers) have a good New Year celebration.
2 comments:
looking forward to a review of big truths for young hearts!
I had another request for what I thought of that book, so I will read and write on that one first. So far it is an interesting and thorough work, Ware doesn't skip the hard stuff--he even explains Trinity to his kids. Perhaps they could use this at the CanRC Seminary? ;)
Post a Comment