Saturday, June 18, 2005

Finally Done!!!

As of this past Thursday, I have completed everything from my first year at The College. I had my last Catechism test, in which I had to memorize Lord's Days 43-52, and have Dr. Gootjes fire questions at me about some of them, and then ask me to recite a few of them. Not a pleasant experience, since my memory is not what it could be, and I despise rote memorization. But at least I proved that I can do it, which is a big step, since for the next 3 years I will have upwards of 14 pages of proof-texts to memorize each year.

Now, also, I will have some more time on my hands. I have decided to put that time to good use, and do some reading of Calvin. I have been thinking about the Sacraments, and decided that I should do some reading about them, for my own edification, which will also come in handy in the years to come I should think.

So, while this post is short, look forward to some longer ones in the (not-to-distant) future. (If all goes well, that is).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congatulations Stu. I am sure it is a load off your mind to have completed all the reqiurements for your first year at Seminary. Now you can look forward to three more years....
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

If 'look forward' are the right words... at this stage, I just want to be done with it and get out there and do something.

Anonymous said...

You mean in the "real world"?

Anonymous said...

If you can call it that... Real enough, even more real if you're a Platonist or a C.S. Lewisian (like I am).

In that way, the 'real world' pales in comparison to the world I will be in.

Jealous?

Anonymous said...

Not so much