Thursday, July 21, 2005

Harry Potter

I just finished the newest installment of the Harry Potter series. I won't ruin anything, don't worry.

All I want to say is that it was excellent, and now I can't wait for the next one to come out. But I guess that's what I get for reading a series while it's being written.

Oh, and I hope to blog soon. I just don't have too much time, since I work a lot, and don't read as much as when I am in school.

Be patient.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was! Tim was excited to see it, but we are not allowing him to read this one yet, I don't think he is quite ready for some of the events in this book. Harry is definitely growing up! I can just hear him "Mom, what's snogging?"

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can see that as a potential parenting minefield...

I think the idea in the beginning was to have the kids grow up with Harry, but that doesn't really work when they come into the series later on.

Sherri is reading it now, but she isn't very far into it yet, so I can't talk about it too much yet, except in generalities.

Anonymous said...

The idea of having kids grow up with Harry would work if they started reading it at the age Harry was in the first book and went from there. Tim read the first 5 in about a week last year, so he has some growing to do before he catches up to Harry!