So far, I seem to make my bigger mistakes at Maranatha.
Yesterday afternoon, after the sermon, I went straight into prayer and then collection, completely forgetting that we had to sing Hymn 1A. An elder came up to the pulpit after I announced the collection and informed me, so we sang it then.
Other than that (and the fact that I said 'this morning' in the afternoon service again) things went well.
The text yesterday was 1 John 4:1-3. This week I get to work on Lord's Day 34 of the Heidelberg Catechism, the beginning of the Ten Commandments. Next week I do Lord's Day 35 as I am going to be in Langley in the afternoon service, and if I started my series on Haggai, Maranatha would miss out on the first sermon, which is not ideal.
On Saturday, Sherri and I went to the Vancouver Aquarium. It rained (quite hard) all day, especially when we were out, but that was no big deal. We spent most of our time inside, and then went outside for about 15-20 minutes (with no umbrella) to look at the otters, sea lions, dolphins, and beluga whales. Very neat. I am amazed at the size of the sea lion...I never figured them to be that big, but I've only ever seen them on TV, so I really have no frame of reference. Sherri will post pictures soon.
Now I am going to get to work on my sermon, and try think of any other mistakes that I could make, and then not make them next Sunday...
No comments:
Post a Comment