So, here is my list:
- G. K. Beale et al. Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament.
- David K. Naugle Worldview: the History of a Concept.
- Richard Neibuhr Christ and Culture.
- Roland H. Bainton Here I Stand.
- Thomas R. Schreiner New Testament Theology: Magnifying God in Christ.
- J. Gresham Machen Christianity and Liberalism.
- Sinclair B. Ferguson The Holy Spirit.
- Greg Bahnsen Van Til's Apologetic: Readings and Analysis.
- K. Scott Oliphint and Lane G. Tipton Revelation and Reason: New Essays in Reformed Apologetics.
- John M. Frame Apologetics to the Glory of God.
- Zondervan's A Readers Greek New Testament and A Reader's Hebrew Bible.
- the Sermon File Addin for Logos Bible Software.
- And on the non-book front, anything fun that I can (either now or when he grows up some more) do with Callum.
- A good watch I can wear preaching so I can keep an eye on the time...
8 comments:
Subtle...
I thought so.
So when are you guys coming over? Sherri will be sending out birthday party information soon, I think. And then at the end of August, it's Callum's birthday too!
Awww...you are smart to have a list like this. That way you can avoid the awkwardness when a well-intentioned family member hands you a book and says, "Here is a great book. It has changed me. It is so Reformed. I hope you enjoy this gift." as they hand you a book my Lucado, Yancey, Swindoll, or Dr. Phil. LOL
Rose Bredenhof
Actually, I don't think I've ever received a book I didn't want or like. I just had to train my family to buy books in the first place...and they usually take them from the list (except my little brother, whose tastes are similar to my own anyways, and who knows good books).
"train" your family??? I think I'm offended!
Well, since Mike's old girlfriend bought me books one Sinter Klaas, I have always received books...but never before. And I always had books on my list.
Um, isn't this place "home" to you?
Well, yes it is. I'll call mom and dad's place "old home" then.
Sorry.
Post a Comment