is looking better than last week.
At this time last week, we were sitting in Tampa Florida (and not the nice part either) waiting for one of the trucks to have at least one seat belt installed. It was hot, humid, sunny, and frustrating.
But now that it is a few days afterwards, I can look back on it and laugh about how much that could possibly go wrong actually did go wrong on that trip. Some day I will post about it.
For now, though, I am just about done my sermon for Sunday. It is the one I started last week, but obviously didn't get a chance to finish it. When I started on Tuesday, I came up with a good theme and points, and began an outline. Yesterday I finished the outline and did some reading. Today I am writing the text of the sermon. I finished the first point this morning, and will momentarily begin the second (and last) point. Then I have to come up with song selections, and prayers, and then it is done for Sunday.
And I am still planning on writing reviews for Finding the Will of God by Bruce Waltke and The Discipline of Spiritual Discernment by Tim Challies. I just need to find the time, and now review the books myself before I can write about them.
And next week we get to go camping with a young child for the first time ever. Hopefully it works well. At least we have a two room tent.
4 comments:
Callum will be just fine camping! Bring BUG SPRAY and lots of it! The skeeters are hungry there - and prolific! Do you have a dining tent?
Who are you camping with anyway? Sherri's family? What sites are you at?
We had a good time, but came home a day early due to Allison getting sick....
I was just at mom and dad's and they offered us their dining tent (but I don't think we'll have room for it!).
We are camping with Sherri's family, I don't know the site number, but I think it's in lighthouse. We will leave on Wednesday and come home Saturday. I have another sermon I need to write the week after, or else I won't have enough to preach on Sunday in Glanbrook.
Hope Allison is feeling better.
Chad and Erin & the Temple family will be there this week too. They are going up on Thursday, and will be in Beaver Dams.
Apparently we will be in Beaver Dams as well. I don't remember the site number, but Sherri does (hopefully).
This will be my first time camping up at Killbear. And my first time camping in the summer in a long time. Usually, because of the sod farm, it was always labour day weekend camping at Balsam Lake.
I'll keep an eye out for Chad and Erin et al.
Post a Comment